The BondStir is a family of temperature transmitting systems that mount to most standard 50-taper spindles. Replacing the T50 in our standard line of product offerings, the T128 puts no limitation on the welding tool holder – you can use whatever tool holder you already have on hand. The T128 simply takes input from any K-type thermocouple with a standard mini-plug and transmits the data to a remote base station. Data from the base station can be monitored or logged in real-time. When used on a Bond welding system, the T128 can also be used for closed-loop control of the welding tool temperature.
Note: The BondStir T128 requires the use of a thermocouple-equipped welding tool, sold separately.
BONDSTIR T128 FEATURES
- Industrial duty transmitter
- Rechargeable batteries with up to 7 days charge at a 50% duty cycle
- On-off switch, to preserve battery life
- Used with a K-type thermocouple (customer supplied)
- One or two channels available
- Accurate to +/- 3°C, up to 1,000°C
- Continuous data transmission rate of 30 Hz
- Analog output signal with 12-bit resolution
- Fits standard 50-taper spindles (128 mm spindle nose)
- Oil and coolant resistant
- Balanced for 3,000 rev/min operation
- Two rechargeable batteries packaged with charging cable and base station
Find out if the Bond Friction Stir Welding product line meets your production needs, or if a custom welding system is the right fit.
Bond Technologies offers a full line of friction stir welding (FSW) machines, FSW tools & accessories, custom engineering solutions, and a host of services to help you integrate FSW technology into production.